Thursday, September 29, 2011

#21 - Drift the Snake River



What's better than drunk rafting down the Snake River?

Not much. Maybe eating a great sandwiches while riding a T-Rex, but other than that...

My first visit to Wyoming started in the Teton National Forest. The bosomy snowy peaks of the aptly named Teton Mountain Range are best viewed while drifting down the Snake. So, I did.

With no planning at all I somehow lucked into the perfect combination of shocking yellow and red fall foliage and crazy hot summer weather, so getting into the chilly water felt amazing.

During the spring and summer the river rages several meters higher than the mellow depth we cruised at, making it a rush for whitewater enthusiasts. However, I wouldn't change the dreamy pace and serene views we took in while creeping along in the calm, shallow waters.

Wyoming is a beautiful place and I'm stoked I got such a great first impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment