Sunday, August 14, 2011

#1 - Eat Green Eggs and Ham




"I do not like
green eggs
and ham!

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.
SO you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say.

Sam!
If you will let me be,
I will try them.
You will see.

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat...
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!"

- excerpt from Dr. Suess' "Green Eggs and Ham"


I’m typing this post with green-stained fingers. Nice start actually…

I remember reading "Green Eggs and Ham" as a kid and being confused why the main character wasn’t stoked to eat some sweet green brekkie. Was it so much to ask that he take a bite of some green food? Not really. I would have done it.

So in honor of my 10 hour train ride to Adelaide today I decided that the first thing I'll do which I've never done is:

1) Eat Green Eggs and Ham.

And I'll say that Sam knows what he's talking about. I'd eat them anywhere.

1 comment: