Thursday, August 18, 2011

#4 - Ride a Camel...and then EAT it.



Wow. Ok.

I got back twenty minutes ago from my three-day tour to Uluru (Ayer’s Rock), Kata Tjuta, and King’s Canyon and I’m so pumped to write about it but I’ve got a dinner to go to and I want to post something asap. So here's another first:

I rode a camel.

It’s a rough ride (it hurt my nuts) and smell gnarly but it was a rad first. I recommend it, and Australia is a great place for it too, with over one million wild camels disbursed throughout the outback.

Afghani immigrants brought them over in the 19th century to help move goods through the great red center and the animals have obviously thrived, so much so that they’re routinely caught and butchered for their tasty, tasty meat. Which leads to my side note first:

Side note – 4.1 I ate camel meat.

We had camel sausages at night. My nuts are avenged. P.S. That's also Kangaroo on there. Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment